Muk™ is an exciting Australian owned professional haircare brand. Founded in Melbourne (Australia) in 2006, muk embarked on a journey to develop a brand that went against the trend of other haircare brands. Their vision was to create a range that not only out performed market leaders, but grabbed the imagination and attention of a saturated market place constantly bombarded with ‘scientific’ jargon and magical claims.
Muk launched its first product ‘Hard muk’ in late 2006. With just one product, Muk became an overnight success. With its brightly coloured aluminium packaging, cheeky product names and provocative advertising, the brand was on everyone’s lips. Ten years later, they have become a market leader in professional haircare in Australia, a favourite with consumers worldwide and international distribution in nineteen countries.
With 34 core range products, 5 specialised Argan Oil products and 6 best selling electrical tools, the brand caters to the hair needs of everyone.
Muk is not just about great products. It’s a culture, a lifestyle and an attitude.
And more importantly they are a 100% independent, Australian owned brand.
Important statements and information.
1) Animal testing. We are 100% approved and accredited by PETA as cruelty free. We do not test on animals, nor have we ever tested on animals.
2) Vegan statement. Muk contains no ingredients of animal origin. We do however use beeswax and lanolin in some of our products. These animal by-products may make them unacceptable to some vegans.
3) Vegetarian statement. As above.
4) Use of silicones. We use large molecule, plant derived silicones in multiple Muk products that can not build up on the hair shaft.
5) Environment. All packaging is 100% post consumer recycled aluminium. Unlike plastic, aluminium does not require the use of crude oil in its manufacture. Unlike plastic, aluminium can be recycled an infinite number of times.